Some parts of the world started getting back to reality.
Slowly and gradually getting back to a “new normal”. What will it be? How NU can it be?
Who knows? Nobody knows… . So we might feel a bit anxious, afraid and even out of control. And there are certainly many things out of our control nowadays. There is lots of uncertainty around. We rather want to stick to what is familiar to us: Humans don’t like change by default. This is how hard-wired we are.
What is then in our control?
Well, we can choose how to react to all these changes!
Every day, we wake up in the morning with two choices:
We open our eyes either being unhappy and sad. Or, we stretch our arms in bed, yawn, slowly open our eyes and we DECIDE, that we will be HAPPY. Just like cats, deciding to drive the day on their own terms. Sounds cheesy? It reminds of all the motivational stuff out there, right? It does – and it actually works.
So it’s up to us to decide every day: Want to step out of this bed happy or unhappy? This impacts our whole day. We may not be able to change the reality, but we can CHANGE our own PERSPECTIVE.
Ok, this is easier said than done. We get that. But here is another food for thought about perception and lockdown:
While getting out of the pandemic lockdown (also out of our personal lockdown?) with all its uncertainties – there is also an opportunity: We can give our personal life a bit of a different direction as well now.
Basically, are we still the same people as before the lockdown? Most likely not! We may have grown a bit, we may have reflected a bit….
And what if the “NU normal” is better? And more fun?
Fresh Thoughts For Fresh People
All right, so for tomorrow morning, here are some guiding questions you might apply before you open your eyes and get up in a cat-style!
- What do I want / need to achieve today?
- Whom do I want to spend time with today?
- What do I want to focus on today to make it a ‘good’ day? How would I know I have a ‘good’ day?
- What part of me should people see from me today while I am having a ‘good’ day?
- What needs to stay untouched today? How do I feel about it? What is the consequence of it?
- Is there anyone who can help me with my tasks and leftover tasks?
- When I go to bed in the evening today, what headline / summary do I want to give the day?
You will find more resources in our Freebie section:
Give it a try! If you want, let us know how you like it!